VFW Susquehanna Post 2493
P. O. Box 154
195 S. Main St.
Mt. Wolf, PA 19347
Susquehanna Post #2493, Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States was chartered on April 18, 1932 with twenty-four (24) members. The first Commander was the late W.Z. Eisenhower. The Post was formed by WWI Veterans and is now actively supported by Veterans of every conflict from WWII to the present. We currently have 283 members. In the 91 years since our establishment, the Post has always had its Home in Mt. Wolf and we have been in our current location since November of 1949. Over the years, the members of our post and auxiliary have developed a reputation for service. We remain actively committed to serving our neighbors and the local community through providing ceremonial colorguard for parades and community events, hosting and/or serving at local family-friendly activities and providing financial support to other local non-profit organizations whenever possible.
The purpose of the Corporation are fraternal, patriotic, historical, charitable, educational, and are:
1. to preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members.
2. to assist worthy comrades.
3. to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead.
4. to assist their widows and orphans.
5. to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States and fidelity to its constitution and laws.
6. to foster true patriotism.
7. to maintain and extend the institution of American freedom
8. to preserve and defend the Unites States from all enemies.